Here are some resources for getting help with Medicare including the official Medicare helpline 1-800-MEDICARE.
- Get free, personalized counseling from your State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP). Choose your state at Medicare.Gov to get SHIP contact info.
- For general Medicare questions, visit Medicare.gov, or call 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048.
- Find and compare health and drug plans at Medicare.gov/plan-compare.
- See the official Medicare guides.
Get Help With Medicare Costs:
- See if you qualify for a Medicare Savings program based on income for help with Part A and Part B costs.
- See if you qualify for Extra Help with Medicare Prescription drug costs based on income.
- Some Medicare beneficiaries are also eligible for Medicaid. Call your Medicaid office for more information and to see if you qualify. Visit Medicare.gov/contacts, or call 1-800-MEDICARE.
- Some states have state pharmacy assistance programs. Visit Medicare.gov/pharmaceutical-assistance-program/#state-programs.
- Many drug manufacturers offer assistance programs called Pharmaceutical Assistance Programs (also called Patient Assistance Programs). Visit Medicare.gov/pharmaceutical-assistance-program.
- PACE is a state-based Medicare-Medicaid program that allows people who need a nursing home-level of care to remain in the community. You can browse PACE plans on our site if you are eligible.
- SSI is a cash benefit paid by Social Security to people with limited income and resources who are blind, 65 or older, or have a disability. If you qualify for SSI, you automatically qualify for Extra Help. Visit benefits.gov/ssa.
- There are programs in Puerto Rico, the U.S. Virgin Islands, Guam, the Northern Mariana Islands, and American Samoa to help people with limited income and resources pay their Medicare costs. Visit Medicare.gov/contacts, or call 1-800-MEDICARE.
- You can use this site to browse Medicare Advantage and Medicare Drug Plans and get answers to Medicare questions.
- You can get in-person help from any CMS-approved broker with access to Medicare Advantage and Medicare Drug Plans.