Medicare Supplement is another name for Medigap. Medicare Supplement insurance plans (Medigap) helps fill the “gaps” in Original Medicare. Medigap is not part of Medicare and sold by private companies.
Here are some useful facts about Medigap:
- Medigap covers healthcare costs Original Medicare doesn’t.
- Medigap can also cover services Original Medicare doesn’t like care when you travel outside of the US.
- You must have Medicare Part A and B to get Medigap.
- You can’t have Medigap and Medicare Advantage.
- You can have a Part D drug plan and Medigap.
- All Medigap plans are standardized and guaranteed to be renewable each year.
- The only time Medigap is guaranteed issue is when you first become eligible for Medicare.
- What’s Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap)? Medicare.Gov.
Can't find the answer? Ask your question here